Sunday, July 27, 2008

Hung Over, Poker

I am decidedly hung over today. My sister called me at a quarter to eleven and asked if I wanted to go jet-skiing. I didn't even realize that I was alive at first. The problem I have when I go out with Jeff is that I don't know any of the people that he does. They start talking themselves into a proverbial friend corner and I'm left in the middle of the room. So I drink. I remember everything from the bar. Home is hazy. I can picture chicken McNuggets with buffalo sauce and Demolition Man. Apparently I called Virginia. I did not call the President. I'm trying to motivate myself to do things, but it's difficult because my head weighs three hundred pounds right now. It doesn't hurt, it just feels heavier than my neck can handle. I want to job hunt, clean up the bedroom, do some laundry, go lay by the pool, and maybe work out. But here I sit too lazy to put a shirt on. I am listening to the new Coldplay album which is quite good. I imagine that my hunter-gatherer instinct will kick in here soon because my stomach is eating itself.

I had a nice score last night. I played a $2 MTT and came out tops of the 65 entrants for a $45 win. I absolutely steam-rolled the thing. I started off really slowly, but with about 40 people left I started to build it up. I was 4th in chips with 20 left. I started the FT at 3rd and in 3 hands I had the lead. I floored it and just raised every hand and quickly amassed a massive stack. With 8 left I had 250k of the 650k in play. With 5 left I had 450k. When I got it to HU I had a 600k to 50k advantage which I almost coughed up somehow by doubling him in 3 of the first 4 hands of HU. Everything just went my way and my calls were rewarded. Overall, I was happy with the ROI and it boosted my bankroll up to somewhere around $322. I don't know exactly because this morning has started out decidedly poor. I dropped my first $10 HU match when my JJ ran into QT on a J98 flop. It was sad because the dude I was playing was very ungood. He was overraising and overbetting everything, so I was waiting to pick him off, it just so happened that he hit gold when I woke up with a hand. Of course he didn't play me again. I dropped another $10 HU when a guy either kept getting tough or had the sickest run of cards ever. I was colder than a penguin's ballsack so I got chunked off bit by bit until I took and stand and got chopped off at the knees. It was like having a small cut on an artery but also being anemic. It sucked. I also whiffed in a $1 rebuy HORSE tourney. I think I was in for $4. After the first round through I was the overall chipleader but the big limit hold'em took 75% of my chips and I fizzled in Omaha 8B. So yeah, not so hot today. I'm going to take a break to get some food and then I'll probably hit it again later, hopefully with better results.

No comments: