Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Appetite

Until Monday I had no appetite. I haven't been doing a lot which is likely a contributing factor. Aside from the twentyish pull-ups I'm doing a day I mainly trek back and forth from the couch to the computer with occasional sorties to the kitchen and bathroom. For the first two or three days I had no sense to eat at all, I simply did because I knew that I should. On Monday I called a couple of friends to see if they wanted to go to taco night at the Crescent Moon. Jeff was game so we met at around seven. By the time I got there I was famished. I had my usual ten tacos (they are tiny little things with maybe a tablespoon of meat, a dashing of cheese, and a couple pieces of lettuce) but felt that I hadn't eaten anything. Jeff and I split an order of fried cheese curds. He had to take off but I stayed and kept the bartender company still starving. I ordered a meat and cheese tray, which consists of two pretzels, summer sausage, hard salami, and two cheeses to combine and dip in delicious mustard. It was as if I were eating for the first time. An amnesiac that had forgotten how things tasted. It continued into today. I'm expecting Stephen Hawking to show up at any minute to explore the black hole in my belly.

No comments: