Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Food, Work, Poker

I'm tired of eating the same food all the time. Since I lack culinary talent, my diet is limited to Foremanized (trademark) frozen chicken breasts and ninety second wild rice smothered in Worcestershire sauce. I also eat a lot of sandwiches. The meat and bread variety. Occasionally cheese or mayonnaise, usually just meat and bread. I know how to make a few things (eg: enchiladas) but I have zero energy during the week because of the following cycle: have to open so I only get roughly four hours of sleep, work ten hours, come home, try not to fall asleep on the couch by occupying myself with some activity (usually video games, occasionally exercise), activity wakes me up, then I only get four hours of sleep again. All of this drainedness (trademark) breeds negativity which makes me feel like a catapulted myself out of one rut and landed in another. I know that probably just a schedule shift is in order, wherein I must pretend like I'm ninety-seven and go to bed at 9pm and wake up at 5am, but I really don't want to be that person. I think cocaine is a much better sounding solution. Mountains of blow. My apartment will look like a sugar factory except my workers will be skinnier and more productive. Hollow eyes will abound. For entertainment I will occasionally partake in a cymbal crash using one of the many pairs of cymbals that I have hidden around my coke complex. The junkies will wet themselves in their over-amped state.

These are the things I think about while I try not to fall asleep at work.

A quick work note: My boss is a self-proclaimed punctuality freak. I am habitually late. This ends poorly.

I played three HU matches tonight. I went 1-2, but I played well. On the very first hand of the first match I flopped a Q high straight flush with Q8cc on a JT9ccc board. I thought this was a sign. It was not. The guy I was playing was a pretty easy read, but he ran magma hot. At one point, he made straights in four of six hands. In three of those I had two pair. He also flopped three boats, one with 46o vs my QQ. He would hammer me down to 2-3k, I would grind back up to 8kish and then my two pair would go down to a straight again. I did play well though and even ran over his luck in the third one, but my brain is too tired for more poker. Also, I biffed and missed a lot of the tourneys in the Bugsy's Championship as it started this week and not next week. I'm still going to try to play an event or two, likely only the 10k Guaranteed Main Event unless I can rock out some HUs in the next two days. Ok bed time. Yep, it's 9:47pm.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

as much as you want to hang on to your undergrad sleep schedule, let it go. 9-5 jobs are not conducive to that sleep schedule let alone a 7-5 job. go to bed. no one will judge you.

bretlonder said...

I don't even want my undergrad sleep schedule. I just feel like I should be shunned for going to bed before midnight. I feel like EVERYBODY who goes to bed before midnight should be shunned.