Monday, March 3, 2008

Debacle/Injuries, Reader, No Poker

So...I got this text message from D'vo on Friday that said "We should get drunk and fall down on Saturday." This sounded like a good idea so I called him up around 5pm and met him at his girlfriend's apartment. She's out of town and he is babysitting her chihuahua Brody. We started the afternoon by playing Drinking Girls' State Basketball. I do not recommend this for the amateur drinker because it's hard. You take several drinks each time a shot misses the rim, each time a girl falls down, for every point, and each time there's an unforced error. You also have to finish your beer each time a girl cries before the end of the game. We were obviously somewhat tipsy by the end of the game and decided to head to a bar. We went to Thomasville, which is a bar in an apartment complex (genius). We played some darts and drank more beer. I kept calling the bartender Adrienne. Her name was Jackie. Several pitchers and shots later Jeff picked us up and took us to a bowling alley. I have no idea where it was, but it was GHETTO. D'vo and I chatted with two white trash dudes while Jeff did something. Then we left and went to another bar. At this bar, I took out the trash. I don't know why. Neither do Jeff or D'vo. While I was taking out the trash, I called Virginia. She said that she couldn't understand most of what I said, but it was sweet that I called her. Jeff then took us back to our place. D'vo and I were hungry, so we walked over to Hyvee. Somewhere on this sojourn I gashed my finger and fell down. When we got into Hyvee, D'vo pointed at my hand and said "Whoa, something happened to your hand!" It was covered in blood. This was the first that either of us had known of my finger gash. So, yeah, we did our best imitation of the two drunkest people in Omaha.

Virginia read my blog tonight for the first time. It was sort of weird listening to her as she read through it. She read back quite a ways, and I had forgotten some of the things that I wrote about her when we first met. They were all good, but it was just different to have her get a glimpse of how she blossomed in my mind. I am excited that she's going to read all of the posts. As she put it "I can use this as a window into what you were like before we met."

1 comment:

Kate Jenkins said...

I mis drinking with you. But I don't miss the throwing up that seemed to inevitably follow it. My liver also probably doesn't miss it.