Monday, February 4, 2008

Reading/Listening, Visit, Bar, No Poker

Reading: Still Barthelme, page 363/451. As I expected, I got no reading done over the weekend. It will be a day or two before I get anything read as I'm pretty sleep deprived now. It's funny how laid back I am all of the time, but I'm always wound up in my head, and with a lot of things going on last week and a girlfriend visit on horizon I sort of forgot to sleep. Oh well, I can still do that for a few more years. I AM going to read at least fifty pages this week though.

Listening: Politik by Coldplay. It's the first song off the album A Rush of Blood to the Head. The music is perfectly dramatic. I'm not sure why I haven't seen it used in a movie or movie trailer yet because I can think of so many different scenes where it would fit perfectly. Regardless, listen to it.

Virginia was here again from Thursday night until Sunday around noon. She got in around 7ish on Thursday after she was delayed because Air Force One was landing in Las Vegas. Chalk up yet another thing that the President has screwed up for me. Yet again I had a bunch of things planned that we didn't do. I'm not mad at all, but I'm confused as to why I keep trying to line up activities that depend on so many things. I didn't have anything at all lined up for Saturday and we ended up being out and about until after 3am, proving that I should stop swimming against the current with my silly plans. It's not my style anyway. I don't get to see her again until the end of March when I fly out for Match Day. Match Day is when all of the fourth year med students around the country find out where they will spend the next several years of their life. It should be fun to be there for it.

So I'm trying to buy a bar. There is one for sale here in Omaha and it is very successful, but my total lack of restaurant or bar management experience will shoot me in the foot if I apply for a loan. Amazingly (sadly?) I have good enough credit to get a business loan for around 1.5 million dollars, but I need to find a partner with experience. I've made a couple of calls to people I know so hopefully one of them wants to do something stupid and buy a bar with me. I won't keep you all updated on this because it's like a thousand to one longshot on actually happening.

No comments: