Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Promotion, Good News, No Poker

I was up for a promotion at work, but I didn't get it. My direct boss quit and I applied for her spot. What I didn't know is that I didn't have a chance. It wasn't anything I did, because my branch manager really would've liked to promote me, but a lady applied from outside the company that used to be a branch manager at another bank. So the overqualified lady decided to take a step down to get in with a bigger company. Which is sweet. If you're her and not me.

With that news today I did get some good news. Virginia will be flying in sooner than expected. Her flight now lands at 6ish local time so I effectively get an extra day with her. While we were talking last night, she did point out that we actually haven't gone on a date yet, which I think was some sort of hint. I'm pretty sure that we're going out with friends on Friday night, however, so if you're in Omaha give me a call. If you're not in Omaha don't call me. If I don't know you, give me a call anyway, even if you're not in Omaha because I should meet some new people. If you're a stalker don't call me. I think that covers everybody.

I haven't played any poker since my last post about it. I should, because I'm on a winning streak. I might Sunday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

no show for me this time, but maybe you can convince James to come up and visit. Take that as a huge hint she is dropping. I will be playing tonight from 5:30ish till 7:15ish. Amanda works late so I can play while she's not @ home.