Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Reading/Listening, Furniture

Reading: Still Lewis Black. I'm a little over halfway finished and I'm somewhat disappointed. It's not the book's fault, it's my own. I expected it to be exactly like some of his stand up. Instead, it is more like his views on things peppered with his humor. I thought I was in for an endless belly laugh, instead I get periodic chuckles. It is a very enjoyable book.

Listening: Virginia popped in some Frank Sinatra the other night which was a great change. It started me on a schizophrenic listening scheme though. Just today I've listened to trance, hip-hop, rap, punk, jazz, 80s (damn you Tiffany), a peaceful little number sung entirely in French, and some classic rock. And all of this occurred in the span of about three hours. Who knows what tomorrow will bring.

We got our new bedroom furniture today. No more t-shirts in suitcases on the floor. I have too many damn clothes though, which is depressing. When Virginia moved here, my sister helped me clean out an entire closet's worth of clothes. Somehow I'm still busting at the seams with t-shirts though. I need to sort through them. The house is taking shape though. The kitchen is done for the time being. Virginia pained the bathroom today when I passed out on the couch with the dog. Now our bedroom is done. The tortoise is winning the race.

No comments: