Monday, September 1, 2008

House Stuff, Blue, Vacation

So we've done a pretty good job with the house so far. I've nearly gotten the shower curtain rod back up. All I need to do is go and buy a drill bit for some guide holes and then we're back in business. I need to put another layer of joint compound over the holes in the basement because they didn't patch very well. I mowed the lawn today, as well as alphabetized my books and movies, and I also put some wire ties on the cables on the entertainment center. We only have one area left to unpack and then we have a lot of stuff to paint, starting with the pink room.

Last week was a bad week for me. I've been pushing it lately, and I finally crashed Friday and Saturday. I have to really focus on staying happy and not letting things get me down, otherwise it all crashes over me like a wave and I get caught in the emotional riptide and swept away. To summarize, Virginia's murderous pediatric surgery rotation took its toll on our relationship, my job somehow got more boring, there's a litany of things that need done with the house, and this list of things amplify the fact that I don't make jack shit for wages. These were the droplets on the leading edge of the wave that smashed me into some coral Friday. I'm better now. Despite being uneasy with Virginia for about a week now, we talked everything out and are much better. It's why I'm crazily in love with her. No matter what problems we have, we always talk about them very openly and very honestly. I don't know any other woman that I can look in the face and tell her that she's been "sort of a dick" lately without her getting mad. Also, she's the first woman that has figured out that she can do the same and I don't get upset either. It's why we work. So that fixed the relationship issues. The house issues didn't go away, but I just had to take some time to remind myself that it isn't going to be perfect tomorrow. It's okay if it takes me some time to knock out projects seeing that I'm not exactly "handy." As for the job, well, there's only one real fix there, and I'll be dedicating some time to it this week. I feel somewhat better, but I know that my feelings will improve all week.

My feelings will improve immensely on Friday when Virginia and I wing it to Lake Tahoe for five glorious days of not working. Virginia has read me passages from an astrology book about my sign (Taurus) and it really makes sense. I don't put too much stock in that stuff but it is spooky how accurate it is at times. Specifically, I'm a Cusp of Power Taurus because I'm born so close to the Aries sign (I'm April 24th). One thing that really stood out to me was how the book said that I could do inhuman amounts of work as long as I had periods to decompress. It couldn't be more true. Sticking in ten and eleven hour shifts at the bank drain me, but I can keep plugging away when I know that I have a vacation on the horizon. These next three days are going to be hell knowing that freedom is just around the bend. The dog just fell asleep standing up next to me in bed, so that's the sign that it's time to end the blog. Until tomorrow.

No comments: