Friday, April 6, 2007

Cary Holladay, Blogging, Broken

Cary Holladay was neat. At least that's what I'm told. I missed the Q & A because I fell asleep sometime around 3ish (I'm guessing, not exactly certain as I was asleep) and woke up at 5pm. Everybody else in class told me that she was just as entertaining as Josip, and that she could talk ceaselessly (but in a good way). I felt bad because I had a hard time staying focused during her reading because I was still tired, but I was drawn in by her self-induced mini-discussion after she was finished about disappearance. Apparently all writers have odd little fetishes, and hers circles around how freakishly common it is for people to just vanish. She also had a neat story about a psychic horse with its own gigantic wooden typewriter. I would like to see a picture of that.

I've been an incredible slack ass again this week about blogging, I will whip it into shape next week fo' sho'. Again, my apologies.

Apparently I'm broken as I cannot seem to get on and stay on a normal sleep pattern. As you can see by the time stamp it is 4:55am as I'm writing this, and I'm still up. I'm flat out exhausted, but I can't make myself go to sleep. Being intensely analytic, I'm trying to figure out what personal BS is causing this, and I really can't find any specific thing that I'm aware of that is bugging me. I have lots of little things wearing on my mind right now, but I don't think that even all of them combined can be the cause of the insomnia. The most likely culprit now is that I'm actually on track to graduate in May, which means I'll have to grow up in a shade over a month. I don't want to grow up. Ever. I enjoy being irresponsible and inquisitive. I enjoy being selfish. I enjoy learning by making bad decisions like staying up until 5am for no good reason. In fact, I think I'm going to spend the next few minutes looking for parts for my motorcycle, which will arrive via truck on April 21st, 3 days before my birthday. Happy birthday, me!

5 comments:

bretlonder said...

Time stamp says 3:49am, computer says 5:04am. Cell phone says 5:04am. Methinks time stamp has some 'splaining to do.

Unknown said...

Nice comment. I was expecting some witty anecdote from Michael or Katie or some other such person (not you) and then I click on the link and there you are, commenting on yourself!

The time stamps are wrong on these blogspots. Grrr. Just another part of blogging that I will refrain from bitching about. Or not.

p.s. I need your help installing that people-counter thing from that other website deal. I tried to do it myself and it did not work. What are you doing tonight? I think I'm studying.

Kate Jenkins said...

Grad School= way to not grow up. Are you staying around Lincoln after May or are you taking the first way out of here?

My sleep schedules completely destroyed, I don't think I can physically force myself to sleep before 2am without the assistance of prescription sedatives.

And once again, because I can, Cary was amazing.

Unknown said...

Are you still sleeping? According to my watch, (I'm speaking theoretically, as I am not wearing said timepiece) it's 4:48pm. Time to start drinking, again?

Unknown said...

You can change the time zone...make sure you put it in the one that is not daylight savings time. Fuck that saving shit.

I like what Katie said. Grad School=not grow up. Another possibility is NAVY=be forced to grow up. Another possibility is Bum=drink 40s from a paper sack.