Saturday, August 16, 2008

Sick, House

I'm sick again. I'm bad at being sick. I have two modes; pissy and angry because I'm only sick enough to be irritated or a total baby because I'm horribly sick. I'm borderline the second at the moment which makes it bad because I'm at my most irritable. Adding fuel to the fire are some minor annoyances that normally wouldn't bother me too much, but currently just irritate the bejesus out of me. One of them is the house.

I just found out today that the sellers can't manage to get out of the house before 6pm on the day that we close. Keep in mind that they've owned another house for nearly two months and have had our accepted offer for a month and a half now. Virginia works at least eighty hours a week and I put in another forty or fifty and somehow we've managed to find time for all of these things, but apparently this couple hasn't figured it out. My real estate agent was trying to assuage my anger by telling me the trials and tribulations of their remodel but I cut him off because the bottom line is they said they would be out on the 22nd. If they couldn't do that, they shouldn't have said so. So I guess we're rounding down from the 22nd and 3/4ths back down to 22. Whatever. At this point, I'm just taking these lumps as lessons. I really feel bad for the next people that we buy a house from because I'm not going to get jerked around again. Okay, I'm apparently in super-angry mode so I'm just going to quit for the night.

No comments: