Friday, September 21, 2007

Blog Topics, Desk, Poker

There are several things that I've wanted to write about, but my posts have been so long that I've left them out. This is a list of things that will be coming soon to tease your imagination.

Zombie Children Dream
Lost in Kearney with James Dream/Plagues
Hot Teacher/Hot Student Mistaken Identity (Like we didn't see this one coming)
Jeff and I Being Old Men/Early Bed Time
Lack of Exercise

The last few are somewhat self explanatory, but I think your mind can wander around "Zombie Children Dream."

I was going to write about at least one of those quickly this morning, but I broke my desk and my keyboard now resides too high on the top of the desk or too low on my lap, so typing isn't comfortable. The irony here is that while I was on the phone with my parents last night my desk was referred to as "a piece of shit." I defended the desk, and this is how it repays me. Ungrateful bastard.

No poker yesterday, but I did get in two HU matches and a little NLHE ring the day before. I won both HU matches, which puts me on a little five or six game winning streak, which is nice. They were both $50, and they were both really quick. In the first, the guy was ridiculously aggressive but I still got out to a small lead when I got stubborn with top pair. Then, with K3, we took a K22 flop. I led and he raised. The turn was a 7, I bet again and he overbet all in. I put him on A7 after quite a bit of thought and called. He showed A9 and missed his three outer. The next match I was down slightly when I picked up AA. The flop was 7x 6x 2h and the turn was a 4h. I bet the whole way and he shoved over me on the turn. I called pretty quickly and he showed the spooky Q7hh for fourteen outs, all of which I faded to cripple him to 1.5k in chips. A few hands later my J8 beat his KT and that was that. The ring game was pretty boring except for me making a flush in a six handed pot and really thinking that I was outflushed. I won like $10 in the quick session, leaving my bankroll at $1067.37. It's 6:46am, time to get ready for work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sweet irony, gotta love it. Yesterday I let Dauber stay in the house since it was warmer out against Amanda's advice. I stated he hasn't chewed up anything for months. I got a call saying he ate her "cornicopia." WTF Dauber, gain my trust just let me down. Guess he gets to stay in the kennel during the day till it snows. Eagerly anticipating the different stories (esp. the hot teacher/student story that I knew was coming). Later.