Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Lack of Exercise, Sick, Poker

This will be a quick blog.

I haven't exercised in five days and I feel like garbage about it. Jeff and I have a "hit in the nuts" agreement if one of us tries to back out tomorrow, so it looks like I'll get back on track, but it's going to suck because my back is starting to hurt and I have to increase my weight come October. I will say that I'll squeeze in a workout on a Saturday on Sunday but that's about as likely as me giving birth to an alien baby out of my butt in the next fifteen seconds.............................nope, didn't happen.

I was sick today so I didn't administer justice in the halls of Westside High. I plan on making up the hours by working full days for the rest of the week, but if my back feels like garbage in 5.5 hours I'm only going in for the half day like I'm supposed to. I'm not looking forward to it as this is their homecoming week and my sister said that I'll get to deal with inter-class pranks daily. I can't wait. Quick scoring update: Special Needs Kids: 4, Hot Underage Girls: 1, Bret: 0. SNK scored two quick points when Charlie again stole a quarter from me when my change fell from the vending machine and a scant five minutes later Alex body blocked my first view of Hot English Teacher as she was leaving for lunch. A case of mistaken identity involving Hot English Teacher is also the cause for Hot Underage Girls getting on the board. I'll elaborate later.

Poker sucked the past two days. I was stuck about $110ish from tourneys and HU's Monday, but managed to crush a $.25/$.50 NLHE ring for about $125 to salvage the day. Yesterday (Tuesday), I ran colder than dry ice. I was card dead for several hours, and then I was flop dead. After those both ended, I kept getting cold decked. I lost a $160ish pot when my 45 flopped the ignorant end to T9 on the cruel 678 board. I lost another $75ish pot when AKss sprinted to a flush when I got 99 in on a flop of 8x 6s 3x. I also dropped about $30 the lone time I was dealt AA and had to pitch it on a final board of KJ3T9 with a flush. I'm still waiting on a $100 cashout to take a crack at FT, but my current usable roll is at $962.77, meaning I was around -$200 yesterday. Oh well, you can't win everyday. Bugsy's is having a tourney series in the middle of October, and hopefully the $330 worth of tourneys that I'm going to play will net me around $1.5k. Time to brush off my MTT game.

No comments: