Monday, September 24, 2007

Reading/Listening, 1500, Zombie Children, Shaving, Poker

Reading: Still Napalm & Silly Putty by George Carlin. I'm about a third of the way through and I should finish this week.

Listening: Wonderful Night by Fatboy Slim, featuring Lateef. It's ridiculously catchy. All around good, clean, poppy fun. I'm a pretty big fan of Fatboy Slim, and I have all of his major releases (I think). This particular gem came off of the Palookaville release, which is worth an iTunes preview.

The blog hit 1500 visitors today. Hooray! I guess I'm not certain where I eventually want it to go. On one hand, it would be cool if 1,000 people a day stopped by to check out what I'm up to. On the other hand, the only real benefit would be advertising money. I'm glad that I have regulars that care what I'm up to and what I have to say about things, and I appreciate you still stopping by.

The Zombie Children Dream: I was in a cabin in a spooky ass forest. It was night, go figure. I was sleeping in a bed that was in a room in the middle of the cabin. It wasn't a bedroom, this big bed was just in the middle of the living room. I don't know who I was there with, but they came in from another room and woke me up saying they couldn't sleep because of noises they kept hearing. I told them they were an idiot and needed to go back to bed, but just then this freaky little Asian zombie child in a coolie hat rose up from below the bed and tried to grab my leg. I kicked it in the face. Then there were more. And more. The person and I kicked our way outside and ran to the Jeep that was parked outside, but of course the keys were in my jacket which was inside. As we were outside, more zombie children started pouring out of the woods and the cabin. I started back inside, beating children out of my path, but then I woke up. It was scary but not. The zombie children didn't move that fast, and they were easily puntable, but I was terrified when I woke up. I think it was just the image. They were like something out of a Gorillaz video; cartoonishly dead looking and stereotypically Vietnamese. When I was moving I discovered that I had purchased a Dream Dictionary off of the bargain rack in Barnes and Noble. It says nothing about zombies or zombie children.

So shaving every day sucks. My face was raw all last week, and I have definitely decided that when I start at the bank next week, I will not be shaving on my days off. Ever. I might shave for my wedding day, but I make no guarantees. My dad, who usually harps on me to shave, was glad when he saw me being scraggly this weekend. He told me one of the great things about getting older is not having to shave on weekends. This is why my dad and I get along better now.

Poker is still going very well. My bankroll is at $1,231.77, so it's time for another shot at the $.50/$1 HU NLHE tables at Full Tilt. I got up to this level by winning a $30 HU match by displaying great patience, waiting to get in with QQ vs 44 on a JT7 flop. After that it was merely waiting to flop a pair on the guy because he only had 1.5k chips and limp every pot and move in on the flop. I also played some $.25/.50 NLHE ring and cleaned up for over $100 profit. I was on a sick rush when I first sat down and quickly got up $40. I then proceeded to play some of the most selectively aggressive poker of my life. This cause me to get paid off big on two flushes that I hit (I hit flushes like mad), and my last big pot was with AA. I also won a small amount at $.10/.25 PL 7-Stud split. I saw Matt getting bullied by a guy that uses it as his strategy. He buys into the table for $100 plus and then just bets pot, pot, pot, pot, bullying people who buy in for normal amounts. I only bought in for $25, but with the guy being sandwiched it shut him down. I dropped three buy ins getting my money in with four to a low and either a straight or flush draw by fifth street and missing each time. Matt left and U2Knapp started bullying again. I rebought for $150 to cover his $140. I got all of my money back when I made a hero call to win a $169.10 pot. I had 632 with two diamonds to start a hand. On fourth, I picked up another 3, fifth brought an 8, sixth a Q, and seventh a 3, leaving me with only 6633. I knew that U2Knapp had started with air because he had an A up and he always raised if he was unpaired, limped if he was paired. He had been betting pot the whole way, and when he corked out the +$50 bet on the river, I thought for about fifteen seconds and called. Scoop! We played for a bit longer as he rebought for $300 and I really wanted to double again, but I realized how dumb that move is for me right now and decided to leave with my $15 profit. I can see that guy giving me $500 in the near future, but I'll wait for the risk to my bankroll to be smaller. $100 HU matches and the ring game at Full Tilt begin today. Hopefully I can keep my HU winning streak up, along with my cash game profit streak. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Kate Jenkins said...

http://sinister-cat.livejournal.com/

8th from the bottom (I believe the subject title is roflmOW). Not related to your blog entry, but related to the picture of the week.


Yes, my sense of humor is demented. And just wrong.

Kate Jenkins said...
This comment has been removed by the author.