Monday, January 7, 2008

Hi Charles, Vegas, No Poker

I think we are indeed the last bastions of blogging. Go us!

I've been back in Omaha for about two hours now and I'm not necessarily pleased by that fact. In case you didn't know, I went to Las Vegas on Friday to see Virginia. We had a fantastic weekend that ended way too soon. I got to meet her friends and her sister. It was neat because her friends are a lot like my friends, so I fit in pretty well. We all met for drinking and Catch Phrase and it was a blast. They take their Catch Phrase seriously. We played guys vs. girls which led to some tense relationship moments. However, all was well at the end of the game. That was Saturday night. Virginia and I spent the morning (also pronounced "noon on") just walking around the strip. I haven't been to Vegas for about three years, and it is ridiculous how much has changed. Normally, it takes years to build massive high-rises in regular cities. They've thrown up like ten new towering buildings since I was last there. The latest fad is to build gigantic condo towers just off of the strip. We walked around and I took it all in. On Friday night I was boring. I was up late the previous night packing and had to work all day, so by the time I landed in Vegas I just wanted to go to bed. Virginia and I ate dinner and then I crashed until Saturday "morning." Today was pretty much the same way. I rolled out of bed around 12ish, we ate lunch and then she dropped me off at the airport. We are dating now, which will present interesting challenges, but I look forward to them. She is coming to visit me here in Omaha in two weeks (18th-20th), so if any of you are in town, I know that we'll be hitting up some bars one of the nights she's here so give me a call. Now I get to freeze myself to sleep because I got used to the perfect sixty degree weather in Vegas. It is currently thirty-two here. Lame.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe Amanda and I can make a weekend of it and come up to Omaha. Haven't been up there for a while, and she has been wanting to just go up. We can talk later. I just hope James isn't going to hate you again for your current state of bliss.

Kate Jenkins said...

I'm still reading, I'm just not particularly...communicative right now.