Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Reading/Listening, New Year, No Poker

Reading: Still Barthelme. I really just need to force myself to read. I'm only knocking out maybe ten pages a week right now, which is pathetic. I'm not sure why I'm not reading, but it doesn't matter. I might have to ground myself until I finish it.

Listening: Public Enemy's Greatest Hits album. I purchased this on a whim because I'm still hooked on old school rap, but it's not that great. I really like Public Enemy and was after a different CD, but Best Buy is the worst place to go for anything other than pop music. If it's not on the radio, they probably don't have it. I'll go to Homer's this week and pick up the disc I was looking for.

New Year's was very laid back. I went to Mike's house and there were maybe twenty people there. I drank quite a bit in the beginning of the night, but I didn't really get drunk. At midnight I called Virginia and wished her a happy new year, and she reciprocated at 2am (midnight in Vegas). Caleb also called me. He got mad because I told him that I'm going to Vegas this weekend and I didn't invite him. Apparently we agreed that we would never go to Vegas without each other. I don't remember such an agreement, but it was -1 with the windchill and I was wearing a shirt with holes in it, so I didn't feel like arguing. My sister, who never stays up past 9pm, was out until 4am. She felt like death all day. I derive great humor from hearing her hung over because it rarely happens. I hope that the new year goes well for all of us.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm glad to hear that you had a good New Years...mine was spectacular also. When it hit 12, I started yelling like a hooligan, screaming random stuff out my door until my voice became hoarse. The phones were all jammed up, so I couldn't call anyone. Fuck Altel, or something like that.

Well, it looks like it is just you and me who blog still...everyone else (well, Katie and Chelsea) haven't blogged for a while...it is sad, indeed.