Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Macbeth, Sleeping Pill, School

I think Macbeth did murder sleep. I didn't get much sleep on Sunday or Monday nights (a combined six hours I think), so my game plan was to get home from class at 10:00 on Tuesday morning and just go to sleep and wake up whenever. What I actually did was lay (lie?) in bed until 9:30pm wanting nothing more than to pass out but being unable to. I was so tired I couldn't function yet I couldn't just fall asleep.

My solution was to get a sleeping pill from one of my roommates. He has this prescription strength stuff that I cannot remember the name of, but I know for a fact is very, very strong. I took about 100mg (1/4 of a pill) at 11:00pm so that I could wake up for my 10am class. I fell asleep around midnight. I woke up at 4pm today. For those of you playing the home game, that's 16 hours of sleep. The REALLY sad part is that I still feel like I could just go back to bed right now. The things preventing me from doing that is that I've already lost a very needed two days of working time for school projects and that my body is actually sore from being in bed so long. Note to self: at that stage of sleep deprivation, drugs are a BAD idea.

School is still crushing my skull. In the final nine days (I may be off, my brain is still trying to lead me to bed, thus making it untrustworthy) before school is out, I have: 2 large research papers to finish, 1 not-so-large research paper to finish, 1 small paper to finish, 2 stories to revise, 1 journal to do, and 1 graduation party to plan. I also have a test to study for, but it really isn't going to be hard, so if I don't get actual study time, I'm not concerned. Oh, and I have to write a short paper stating what grade I should get in my Advanced Fiction class, including justification. And a short paper explaining what research I did for my stories. None of it is incredibly difficult, but it all takes time, and the last few grains of sand are beginning to fall through the hourglass.

Posting will be spotty over the next week and a half.

4 comments:

C.D. said...

Tell me about it. It never ends. Though at some point, I might be available to talk about/work on revisions if you're still interested.

Kate Jenkins said...

Dunno if I'm invited, but I'd go for a revision night. It might be the only way I get anything done.

C.D. said...

As far as I'm concerned, you're invited.

Unknown said...

16 hours. Wow!