Friday, June 29, 2007

Golf, Laptop, Omaha, Dreams, Poker

Matt and I went to the driving range today. I'm pretty bad at golf. I have an awful slice that I just can't figure out how to eliminate. I really need to take golf lessons, but I'm afraid what I already know about how to swing will interfere. That and I'm broke. Despite my badness, it was a beautiful day out, and I actually spent time outside. We ended the bucket of balls with a bet to see if one of us could hit the 100 yard sign. I had a ball rifle right underneath it, but neither of us actually hit it.

My laptop, if not already dead, is about to die. The hard drive has been making a clicking for awhile now, so I knew that it was going to fail, but I tried to turn it on this morning and it said something to the effect of "Your hard drive is fucked." Hopefully it will let me boot one last time so I can get anything off of it that I might need, although all of the important things like my resume are all on my desktop, so it won't be a great loss if it's toast. I need to look up prices for replacement hard drives for it, but even if they're too expensive to make it worth my while, I got a ton of use out of the thing over the year and a half that I had it, and it was only $400 to begin with. Hopefully I can get a hard drive for like $50 though because I really like my laptop, and definitely can't afford a new one.

I'm off to Omaha again tonight. I went up last night and watched the USA v. Argentina soccer game. We played really well for 60 minutes, keeping it knotted at 1-1. Unfortunately, soccer games last 90 minutes, and Argentina scored 3 more goals to end the game at 4-1. USA soccer has come a long way, but we still have a way to go if we want to be a real international contender.

I've had several good dreams lately that I need to write about. I'll do that tomorrow night.

I've been riding a ridiculous heads-up roller coaster since the last post, and am now at $84 dollars. I'm continuing to play really well, but am still getting more than my fair share of draw outs (at least I think). The 2 bad ones today were JJ vs. J9o AIPF. Flop of KKQ, turn Q for a chopped pot. I got the same guy AIPF with A5o vs my AKo. Flop 245, turn 6, river 9 and I was crippled. 3 hands later I got AIPF with KQss vs. AJhh. Flop of Jx 6h 3c, turn 4h and I'm all but dead. River blanked and we were done. The dude thought I was terrible though, and decided to play me in 2 more matches. I cleaned up in both, taking a lead right away and never letting him have it back. He did hit a few more ridiculous cards on me, but they were only to put us near even again. Hopefully things will turn and I will run off like 6 in a row so I can bust into $10 matches.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Golf: fun. I am terrible, but I bought a set anyway. It is too expensive, though.

Laptop: hmm. I hate technology sometimes.

Omaha: no comment.

Dreams: I had a good dream the other night, but I don't know what it was.

Poker: Okay, I am beginning to understand what you are saying now.

I always enjoy your posts. They are fun.

bretlonder said...

Any poker questions, let me know. As a side note, AIPF stands for All In Pre Flop, which means before any community cards come out.

bretlonder said...

Also, thank you for the enjoyment thing. I enjoy your posts too. I just wish there were more of them because I have tons of free time right now.

Unknown said...

I have free time too today I didn't do anything and it was FUN. FUN!