Wednesday, June 20, 2007

OCDs, Dungeon

I have several small OCDs that I've always been aware of but have never really enumerated. They are:

1. I have to clear extra time left on a microwave.
2. Toilet paper and paper towels must roll off the top.
3. Books that I have read must look pristine and unread.
4. I will hit the lock button on my truck keyfob 3-5 times (actual stop and turn around, not just click).
5. I have to sleep with a fan on. If not, I either have an extremely hard time falling asleep or can't fall asleep at all.
6. Things must be oriented towards me, except on my desk (ex: I should be able to read the cover of a book that is sitting in front of me).

There have been others. I used to have to put my left shoe on first or they would feel funny. And I know the reasons behind some of them. For example, my truck-locking one stems from when I had my CD player stolen because I hit the lock button one night and it didn't actually lock (I have sort of ghetto, cheap aftermarket locks). I think the fan one came from Robofan, but I'm not really sure. None of them are anything near what you see on TV talk shows, but the microwave one makes me laugh because even if I do walk by a microwave and leave the extra :12 on it (that's how many my roommate left on, sparking this blog), I will think about it for like 5 minutes anyway, so I've found it's just better to clear it and move on. If any of you have any oddities, please, share them in the comments.

I've been sequestering myself in my dungeon (bedroom) for about 2 days with minimal human or nature interaction. I need to get out and do something. I need to go get a haircut, so that could lead me out, and I've sort of wanted to drive up to Omaha just to hang out with several people that I haven't seen in awhile for several days now, so I should do one of those things tomorrow. I at bare minimum need a haircut. I'm seriously shaggy.

2 comments:

Kate Jenkins said...

I would be seriously amused to see you shaggy. We should visit Sadies since it's...y'know...Thursday night and it used to be sort of a habit...

bretlonder said...

We'll see. I'm supposed to have plans, but recent history would suggest that they are going to fall through.