Saturday, June 23, 2007

Sleepless in Lincoln

It is 4:31am despite what the time stamp says, and I am wide awake. I have to go to a work meeting in 2.5 hours, so I'd really like to fall asleep, but my brain is a rock tumbler tonight for some reason. Nothing really happened today that should've put me in a contemplative mood, but alas, my brain befuddles me again. Things I've thought about:

1. I've never been a best man in a wedding and am less than even money to be one. The reason that bums me out is that I think I could give a killer toast.
2. I've sort of been a shitty friend to most of my friends lately. I've been high maintenance but haven't given back.
3. I've never been in a fight.
4. I'm jealous of my married friends. Not for being married, but for just being crazy in love with someone.
5. I need a fucking job.
6. There are people who would never kill anybody no matter what (I watched a movie before I tried to fall asleep, I don't normally think about killing).
7. I need to get in shape.
8. I need to go see the dentist.
9. I sort of want to move to Omaha. Like 55% move, 45% stay. I somehow think it would be better for me, but I can't really justify it.
10. I don't understand how I will be reading or watching TV and am unable to keep my eyelids open, but when I turn everything off and lay down it's like I drank No-Doz.
11. I have to pee but the fan makes it deliciously cold and I'm so warm under my comforter.

This didn't help, I'm still not tired. Oh well, I guess I'll catch a nap between the meeting and my actual shift. Today is going to suck because all I'm going to want to do all day is go to bed.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love a list. It is nice.

I have not been in a fight, either. We should fight. It will be like Fight Club. You can be Tyler, if you want, because Brad Pitt is pretty much the man...second only to Arnold Schwartenegger.

I always say who is the man, and then some of my girl friends (no, I am not Mormon...just friends that are girls) ask me why I always have "the man" but never "the woman".

I am not really jealous about my married friends, but yes it would be incredibly awesome and fulfilling to find that perfect woman. I feel like a slacker.

Unknown said...

I stayed up until 4:30 for now reason last night. Then I had to get up at 7:30 and be at work at 8:00. Suck suck suck suck suck.

Anonymous said...

Each day you should get up and write down the things you want to accomplish during the day. Item one should always be "Make a list of things to do today." I completely agree with you about the people who could never kill anyone else. I think they lack passion and that's what's holding them back. No reason to really get into a fight. It is an uneducated way of solving a problem. Shows a lack of intellect. (I actually wasn't quite sure how to spell intellect for some reason and didn't want to be ironic.) I think that I will be the best man in a wedding, but only because it will be my brothers wedding. Blame your parents for not getting you a brother or sticking you with just one sister. Also blame Vicky for being a girl. Job hunting sucks especially when unsure of what you want to do. You really can't get geared up and excited for a job you aren't sure you want. Best bet is to find a job that you would be passionate about. Overall enjoyed the list and am looking forward to hanging out with you.