Sunday, June 10, 2007

Websites, Sick, Work, Poker

Quiller sent me a website on Facebook today that is pretty cool. The site is called Shelfari, and it is a place where you can list the books that you've read and read others' comments on them. It's also a neat place to see what other people think about the books that you want to read. If nothing else, it is a neat way to catalog the books that you've read and waste some time. I've also been listening to Pandora quite a bit, which is an awesome site to discover new music. You put in the name of a song or band that you like, and the site finds similar stuff. It's cool, check it out.

I'm starting to get a sore throat, and it better go away immediately. I hate being sick, HATE it. Nobody likes being sick, but I hate it because I'm such a baby when I'm sick. Even if I have a cold, I feel like I'm going to die and that everybody should wait on me hand and foot because I'm about to die. I've tried to suck it up, but I'm wired to be a big wuss when it comes to being sick. Go away sore throat!

My sickness is probably related to the fact that I worked 16 hours in 2 days. This is not a lot, but I haven't worked more than 8 hours in a week for like 2-3 months, so it pretty much killed me. If I get the job with Gallup that I interview for on Tuesday, it's going to be a shock.

I haven't played poker in way too long. I know I've said this like 8 times, but I'm definitely going tomorrow no matter what.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Bret,

Glad to hear you're enjoying Shelfari. We aim to please. Just did a big renovation on the "Books Page" so check it out and let us know what you think. Any and all suggestions or comments would be helpful.

Thanks again and take care. Don't be a stranger.


Joseph
joseph@shelfari.com

Kate Jenkins said...

From your hometown (I was doing research for work)...

http://www.kearneyhub.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=18453574&BRD=268&PAG=461&dept_id=577571&rfi=6

bretlonder said...

You'll have to let me know what it was about, the link is dead.

Kate Jenkins said...

a 19y/o weed dealer who got caught for the fourth time in a month. He was throwing stuff as he was running, and one of the things he threw and later admitted to being the owner of was a bag with two bags of weed in it and a list of everyone who owed him money.