Thursday, June 28, 2007

Knocked Up, Omaha, Dream, Poker

So I went to Knocked Up with Ashley last night. Just a note to all guys out there: if you are on a date with a girl and are trying to have sex with her, DO NOT go to this movie. It was a good movie, and it was hilarious, but good lord. I know that director's strive for authenticity, but I've always been totally fine with the fake birth scenes in movies where the baby comes out all clean and such. I've always known it was fake, but I knew the alternative was worse. The birth scene in the movie made me wish that we still lived in the era when the wife would go into the delivery room and the husband would go chill with the other husbands and drink brandy and smoke cigars. I'm going to pass out when my wife gives birth.

I'm going to Omaha tonight to watch a soccer match with some friends up there. It will be fun. I miss soccer. I miss how soccer made me not a fat ass. It's weird how in high school I spent all of my time either playing tennis, playing soccer, or working on crap for debate. Now I don't do any of those things. I should see if Omaha has an old fogey soccer league, because Lincoln only has an indoor league during the winter.

I won back most of my losses yesterday and ended up at $87, down $5-$10. I was as low as $70, but then I played a couple of calling stations and fairly easily won back. One of the stations did have me scared. I had him down to about 7k chips from the starting 10k when I got dealt KK. I raised pot preflop and he reraised me pot. I thought I'd get cute and just call to milk him if he hit the flop. The flop came Jxx rainbow, he led out pot, I moved in, he insta-called with J8o. Turn x river 8 and I'm at 6k chips wondering what the hell happened. Fortunately he doubled me up with my flush vs his top pair a few hands later, and I just milked him down when I had hands for the victory. Hopefully today I can get into the $10 matches before I leave for Omaha.

4 comments:

C.D. said...

Hence why men are truly the weaker sex.

Kate Jenkins said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I have no idea what you are talking about with Jxx and whatever else. I am pathetic, I guess.

bretlonder said...

Jxx means a Jack and then 2 insignificant cards that I don't remember. The "x" is basically something insignificant.