Monday, October 22, 2007

CD Case, Date?, Poker

I'm not the type of person who gets outraged at the price of things, but I was today. I'm in desperate need of a new CD case as I've filled my old one and have probably ten-fifteen homeless CDs. $50. Fifty fucking dollars for a 336 capacity CD case. It's plastic and cotton and a zipper. I would wager that it would cost around $3 to make if you factor in overhead costs. Ridiculous. I will now scavenge eBay and garage sales just to find one cheaper because there's not a chance in hell that I'm shelling out $50 for a CD case.

I asked a girl on a date before I knew her name on Saturday. There is a bar in an apartment complex a few blocks from where Jeff and I live, and she tends bar there. She didn't say no. As a test (I think) she told me to come back to the bar a week from today (Sunday) and she would considerate it. I bet she's planning on never seeing me again. She underestimates me. I'll keep you posted.

I've played a little poker lately. I'm +1 on $10 and $15 HU matches over the past few days. The new betting hasn't made much of a difference, but I'm sticking with it. I've also played a couple of Step SnGs for a million dollar promotion that Bugsy's has going on. I'd like to win it. Basically, there are several six-figure tourneys that Bugsy's is having and the only way to get in are through these Step SnGs (as I understand it, I'm probably wrong). After the online tourneys, the top ten finishers get flown to an undisclosed location for a live final SnG for another six figures. It would be awesome. Way past my bed time.

No comments: