Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Borders, Yoga, No Poker

Jeff and I went to Best Buy tonight and I picked up a Coldplay CD. I've been meaning to buy it for a week, but I keep forgetting. I really need to buy a new CD case, as I have over a dozen homeless CDs, but those are expensive. I can buy four actual CDs for the cost of one CD case. I don't get how plastic and shitty fabric can amount to $50. Next to the Best Buy was a Borders. I went cold-turkey on my book addiction quite awhile ago, but I fell off the wagon tonight. Jeff and I had been questioning each other over Catcher in the Rye because neither of us knew anything about it. I knew it was written by Salinger, Jeff thought it got you put on a terrorist watch list if you bought it. We both got angry at each other for not knowing anything about it, so I bought the cheap copy of it when we were in Borders. I was like a recovering alcoholic hitting an open bar on a bad day in his third week. I also picked up Man Without a Country in paperback by Vonnegut, as well as a Yoga book. Much like an addict, I'm going to hit up my mom for money for the books because I'm low on funds and have a trip planned this weekend. She has always told me that she will buy me as many books as I want within reason and it's been WAY too long since I've abused that invitation.

So I tried the Yoga book today. It is one that I can stick with. It has a twenty-eight day plan. It has pictures to show me what to do, along with the written instructions. It tells me what and how, completely eliminating me from the equation. This is a good thing. I'm an amazing trained chimp. You give me a list of things to do and show me how to do them and I will do the shit out of them. I did the shit out of the first day of exercises. Yoga is fucking hard. It only took about a half an hour but I was sweating and I can already tell that I'll be sore tomorrow. I did a whopping three series of stretches or whatever they are called in Yoganese. I'm pretty sure I sprained a chakra. The one thing the book didn't tell me is that it's past my bed time. One sheep, two sheep...

2 comments:

C.D. said...

"I'm pretty sure I sprained a chakra" actually made me laugh out loud.

Kate Jenkins said...

Why can't I have a mother like yours?