Thursday, November 15, 2007

No Date, Cliff, No Poker

Unsurprisingly, women met in bars are not reliable. AKA I got no call on Wednesday. I was also let down today as well, which I will now dive into...

There is a cute girl that has helped us out at our branch that I was looking forward to seeing today when she would again help out. But then she called to say that someone at her branch called in sick and she would not be showing. Booooooooooooooo! Bad omen, but the day started well as I got several compliments from customers. Despite my exhaustion from lack of sleep, I was having a good day. Then I fell off the cliff. With a scant ten minutes to go before my lunch break, I got mystery shopped. I did awful. She was the one person that I gave a halfass transaction that morning, and she was the only one that counted on paper. Fucking sweet. I went to lunch a little sapped because getting my ego bubble busted let in the exhaustion that I'd been fighting. Five minutes into my lunch, my manager pops her head in and informs me that the Regional Customer Service Manager had stopped in to look over the employee evaluations that my own CSM and myself had not been doing. Awesome. A little more exhaustion crept in. When I finished my lunch break, I went back to my teller window and was greeted by the lady from ENOA. ENOA is the Eastern Nebraska Office on Aging. They make weekly deposits of money they collect from providing low cost meals to the elderly. By low cost I mean like two dollars and some quarters. Which is very sweet of them. Which also blows because they have like five separate deposits of sixty dollars each; fifty ones and ten in quarters. At this point, all brain power that had previously been fighting sleepiness was diverted to hating people, so I just get delirious. The positive side is that the rest of the day went quickly because I had no idea what was going on. Sleepy time.

No comments: