Monday, November 26, 2007

Reading/Listening, Poker

Barebones post again, sorry.

Reading: The Metamorphosis and Other Stories by Franz Kafka. I'm almost done with The Metamorphosis and I love it. I think Kafka's writing is hilarious because of its deadpan, and I wish he would have finished more works during his life. I hope my opinion doesn't change after reading the other short stories in the book. I finished I Am America (And So Can You!) this week. All I can say is read it, because any attempt to describe it would make it less funny.

Listening: Suco de Tangerina by the Beastie Boys. It's off their newest CD The Mix-Up. The disc is all instrumental and it's fucking amazing. I've always loved the Beastie Boys, and their instrumentals have fascinated me. For a group of Jewish guys who started out playing some pretty hardcore punk music, they've turned into incredibly talented musicians. I've already made this following bold call, but now I'll zoom it across the Internet so I can pull it up in five years and be impressed with how smart I am: the Beastie Boys will be a badass jazz band in five years.

Poker has been going well. I'm back up to $150 even because I've been tearing up the $10 HU matches, so it's nice that I've almost completely erased my idiot move of a couple of weeks ago. What would be nicer? Not having been an idiot and having a bankroll of $250 right now. Oh well, I don't learn some things. I'm still struggling with the step SnGs, and I only have about a week now, so I need to get my shit together.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello again. I am going to blog again. Just thought I would let you know.

I noticed you have been reading books. That is good. You get an A+.

bretlonder said...

Hooray!