Sunday, December 2, 2007

Funk, Poker

I've had a little rain cloud following me the past couple days that I simply can't shake. I'm trying to stay positive but I just can't right now. The worst part about it is that there are some parts of my life going really well right now. My friends are great. I've got Jeff, Matt, and Mike that I've been spending a lot of time with. The downside is that I've HAD to spend a lot of time with them because I can't seem to make a friend here, male or female. I've been trying, but I will go hang out with somebody one time and then they're either always busy or just won't answer my calls. Which is awesome because it sort of feels like getting kicked in the balls. Work is going really well. My manager is really happy with my progress so far. The down side is that I make no money and am not going to for nearly another year. I'm having a hard time stomaching that. The source of a lot of this is that I'm not at all where I thought I would be. I sort of feel like I'm getting a "C" in Life Class and I'm not used to it because I typically get "A's." I know I'll figure it out, but I wish I could do it tomorrow.

Not helping the above situation is the fact that today is quite likely the worst day of poker I've ever had. I've lost more money and I've lost more important matches, but today is just one kick in the nuts after another. I've lost 11 straight coinflips. I went 27 straight hands without connecting with a flop. That streak was busted when I had TT and raised. I got called, the flop came KJx and the other guy moved in. I then missed the next 16 flops. In those hands, I only had a face card twice (A7, J6). I'm -2 in HU matches today, losing my first one by flopping a flush and getting him to push in with his 2 pair. He rivered a boat and I was crippled to 1.3k chips. I couldn't come back. The next match I made a hero call with A4 vs 43 preflop. The flop came 33J and I was again crippled to around 2k chips. This is pretty much how the day has gone. I'm finishing my last HU match right now and then I'm DONE for the night. I think I'll lick my wounds tomorrow as well before resuming play on Tuesday. I need to get prepped for the big round one tourney on Saturday at 2pm. I have this Saturday off, which worked out nicely for me. At least all of this bullshit is happening today and not Saturday, because I'm winning a seat to the $500k SnG and I'd like to just do it in the first one. I'm guessing there will be 400 entrants with first paying $5,200. Second pays $3,400, so if I get my seat I'll be treating everybody to a drunken Saturday night. Good night.

1 comment:

C.D. said...

I'm getting an F in life class.