Saturday, December 1, 2007

Priorities, DG, Poker

I was about halfway finished with a nice big post yesterday when my cell phone rang. It was my buddy Matt. I don't know if I've explained this but I'll do it again: Matt was one of my best friends in high school and sort of a mentor to me. He introduced me to reading and taught me what good music is (Hint: N'Sync). We lost touch when he moved to Arizona for college but I randomly ran into him in downtown Lincoln before a Husker game. He told me he moved to Omaha. A few weeks ago I was bored and looked him up on MySpace. Turns out he lives like four blocks from me. Anyway, he is currently car-less and called me asking if I could pick him up from work. I asked why and he said "My aunt's about to die." Response: "Well if you're aunt is bouncing by just get a ride from her." I went and picked him up and we played pinball. I had intended it to be an early night, but some things just aren't meant to be.

While we were playing pinball, something interesting happened. We were at the Crescent Moon which is our regular bar. The pinball machine in the Crescent Moon is located right near the bathroom hallway. This staggering girl came up and started talking to us. She had a red wing tattoo across the tops of her boobies. She started slurring a soliloquy to us about how it was her last day at work and she will miss her job doing something with fitness because she lost thirty-one pounds and now she's got this sexy body (meh). Matt was currently manning the pinball machine so I got the duty of making sure she didn't fall over. As she was rambling and I was holding her up, she elaborated on how sexy she felt. She had felt so sexy a few weeks ago that she got her nipples pierced. Apparently I looked like I doubted her because she showed me. Her nipples were pierced. Then she staggered into the bathroom. When she got out, I was manning the pinball machine and Matt had to help her stand. Matt likes to talk and has a big vocabulary, but sometimes he doesn't think ahead far enough. An example of this is when he said "Let me help you stay erect." I dropped my head laughing because I already generally knew what was about to happen. DG (Drunk Girl) says "ERECT?!?" and grabs Matt's penis. Matt almost falls over trying to remove her claw from his manhood and I'm laughing so hard that I lose my pinball. DG then apologizes because she can't help herself because we're so hot, and she's got this sexy body and she likes penis. Her husband loves her new body as much as she does. Oh don't worry, we're swingers.

Matt's Response: "Oh, you're a swinger? Well, at least I know you don't have VD then."
DG: "No I don't have DV, you wanna try out this sexy ass (extends ass)?"
Matt: "Sorry, I'm gay."
DG: "No way, you're too hot to be gay."
Matt: "Yep, I'm a hot gay guy."
DG: "Are you gay (pointing at me)?"
Me: "Nope."
DG: "You wanna try this ass (still extended)?"
Me: "Nope."
DG: "Ok then, well it was nice to meet you two."
Matt: "We didn't meet."
DG: "(puzzled look) What?"
Matt: "You never told us your name."

That doesn't happen every day.

I won an entry into the first big qualifier ticket. I won my $214 tournament token in a $24+2 MTT with three seats guaranteed. Only 11 people signed up, so I had a great shot. It was tougher than I thought because everybody was playing super nit, so when the blinds got high it became a shovefest. Fortunately, I took the chiplead with 7 people left and absolutely punished the table. With 5 left I had 70 of the 110k chips in play and was still raising every unraised pot regardless of my cards. I was still the leader with 4 left, but doubled a guy into the lead. I still had a healthy stack though, and avoided trouble until I made an easy call with A9o vs QTo against the short stack. Neither of us paired and I had my seat. Aside from that I've stalled slightly on my HU matches. I went 2-1 the night that I won my seat, however, the loss was a $15 match and the wins were both $10, so after rake I only profited $3.25. Combined with my $26 for the MTT, my roll is down to around $125, so I'll be sticking with $10 HU matches for a short while.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That story about DG is awesome! The conversation was excellent. Maybe something will happen to me tomorrow that will be fun to write about.

Anonymous said...

excellent use of restraint. DG sounded like a whole lotta penis snivels.