Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Reading/Listening, Robber, No Poker

Reading: Sixty Stories by Donald Barthelme. The dude is hilarious. I've previously read The Dead Father which is amazing. The premise of that book is that a son is leading his giant dead father to his burial. It has one of the best last lines of any story ever. I've only read one story out of the book so far, but I'm full of anticipation.

Listening: The entire CD Soul Food by Goodie Mob. Goodie Mob started out in the Atlanta underground scene with Outkast. Soul Food is amazing, but they started to fall apart after the album. I don't know the history and time line well enough, but all I need to know is that Soul Food is awesome. It has a really simple old school flavor to every track, and furthermore it has a good message on several tracks. Think Rage Against the Machine meets old school hip-hop in the lyrics.

I'll write about Harryette Mullen tomorrow when I have half the day off.

While I was in training today I got an e-mail that a bank in Lincoln got robbed today. It was the same dude that robbed me. If you see a dude driving around in a dark colored jacket with a tan fur lining around the face hole call the cops because he's either on his way to rob a bank or has just done so. I'll put up the picture tomorrow.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sixty Stories is awesome, too...I have it laying right here, I don't know why.

I can't believe your bank got robbed...and that you almost laughed. I would probably laugh for some reason. Funny how we respond sometimes.