Sunday, March 18, 2007

Proud Papa

I just got back from Sterling, Nebraska to discover that I am the proud new owner of a 1984 Kawasaki 550 motorcycle. I've wanted a motorcycle forever, but I really can't afford anything. I found a motorcycle on eBay that somebody was using as a parts bike, but they hadn't really taken anything off of it yet, and I was able to snag it for $100. Now I have to figure out how to get it to Nebraska from Alabama.

Sterling was fun. It is nice to spend time with people that I don't get to hang out with often. Nate and Ashley are awesome, and I always have a good time with them and their friends.

I wasn't nearly as productive as I wanted to be over break, but I somewhat planned on slacking off, so I'm not really behind. I do need to bear down and get some stuff done this week though, otherwise I will be getting myself into a pinch.

4 comments:

Kate Jenkins said...

Wow. I think I want one of those someday. In theory, someday I will have money, too.

C.D. said...

Owning a motorcycle makes you attractive.

Unknown said...

Yeah...I have decided to stop getting things done. It is 1:13, but I haven't started my homework yet. I have to read 50 pages or something. I'll probably only go to bed about 3...the same as last night. Hmm...I don't have insomnia...I just refuse to sleep. There are other things to do.

I hope you do not crash your motorcycle. That would be bad. Once last year, I wanted to buy a Ninja for like $3000. But, I envisioned myself crashing into something at 140 mph. I would rather live than die.

Unknown said...

You should pack up a bag of granola bars and head down to Alabama in a rented truck. Not a huge truck...a pickup will do. Leave right now. It will probably take about 16 hours to drive down there. I figure if you leave at 3 am (Tuesday morning), you can be back here by noon Wednesday. You don't even need to sleep...one can easily stay up 40 hours.