Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Visits, Dreams

I was bored and decided to look at the people who have visited my page lately and was quite impressed. I have sporadic but regular visits from somebody in Missouri, somebody in New Jersey, somebody in Georgia, and I had one random visit from somebody in Jilin, China. That's right, we're global bitch. I just think it's neat that people outside of the class bother to look in on my tiny corner of the Internet from time to time. To those of you who are looking from far away, please post a comment saying hello because I probably know you. If not, still post a comment because it would be neat to hear from new people.

I had another crazy dream last night. It started out with myself and probably fifty other people being in a gigantic pool. We're not talking Olympic sized, we're talking probably three hundred feet wide by a thousand feet long. There were at least fifty foot tall brick walls on all sides of the pool, with big windows with iron bars inside the glass about ten feet off of the ground. There was no roof. We were all swimming in the middle of the pool, and it started to rain intensely. Big waves started to toss people toward the lip of the pool that stuck out a couple inches from the brick wall. There was general panic. I started swimming for the wall where the waves dissipated. It was impossible to touch bottom on the pool, even at the wall, so all we could do was cling to the lip which seemingly rose with the water level. Out of nowhere, I was outside in a snowy landscape in a small town of sorts. A black car picked me up. It was a regular size car, but once inside, it was a limousine. My sister was in it, and she told me that she was pregnant, but wouldn't tell me who the father was. She kept dodging the question. Instead, she told me that some of my friends were going to pick me up shortly and take me to my uncle's house. I got out of the limo and presumed I was in Grand Island, where my uncle lives. Another identical black car picked me up with a random assortment of friends in it, and this time it did not turn into a limo once I got inside. We drove for a bit while conversing about something that I don't remember now, but then they dropped me off in front of what was presumably my uncle's house. It was not my uncle's actual house, for the record. I walked up to door and went inside, and my uncle had a small pool in the wood floor of his house. It was really small, like two hot tubs pushed together and shaped like a kidney bean. When I walked inside, a small little dog jumped into the pool. My parents were there, along with my sister and an assortment of my small extended family. They offered me food which I declined and then I laid on the floor. The dog that had been swimming came over to me, and as I petted it, its fur changed colors. Actually, it was iridescent, and its fur changed colors depending on how the light hit it. I expressed my amazement out loud, and my sister, seemingly a dog expert, rattled off the scientific name of the dog and some facts about it. "That is the Iridasci caninus, most commonly found in the jungles of New Guinea. Very rare. Weird to see one in the US." My fascination with the dog was soon broken as my dad (not my actual dad, but my dream dad, a totally different guy that I've never met) told us all to come in the kitchen. Once in the kitchen, my mom (actual mom) told us all that she was pregnant. My sister informed everybody that she too was pregnant. My neighbor girl growing up was there, and said how excited she was, but that she hated having so many children herself (she had six, she really has one, maybe two by now). Everybody was fawning over my mother and sister, and then my phone rang in real life and woke me up. My only conclusion is that my roommate has begun lacing my food with LSD.

4 comments:

Kate Jenkins said...

How do you get the stat counter to tell you where your visitors are surfing from? And that Missouri IP might be mine (if it's in the last 24 hrs), sorry to disappoint you.

bretlonder said...

Go to http://www.statcounter.com/free_hit_counter.html.
When you set up your account, you can then look at all of the different IPs that have logged on to your site.

Unknown said...

This...this was very bizarre to read. I am glad for you, to remember your dreams so vividly. I hardly remember my dreams...maybe two a month...and usually then only about ten seconds worth of dreams. I wish I could have more exciting dreams, but I guess not.

Because I was bored, I looked up what your dreams may mean...according to a dream encyclopedia thing.

Pool:
To see a pool of water in your dream, indicates that you need to understand and deal with your emotions. You need to dive right in. Alternatively, a pool may indicate your need for cleansing. You need to wash away the past.

Automobile:
To dream that you are riding in an automobile, signifies that even in pleasant situations, you will still be restless and uneasy.

Dog:
To see a dog in your dream, indicate a skill that you have ignored or forgotten, but needs to be activated. Alternatively, dogs may symbolize intuition, loyalty, generosity, protection, and fidelity. Your own values and intentions will enable you to go forward in the world and succeed.

Well...maybe you will find this interesting...and perhaps your life will now make more sense.

Kate Jenkins said...

I'm stupid. I got the counter installed last Saturday, but I neglected to fully investigate the side bar, which, now that I have, I have a much better understanding (although a lack of interesting visitors such as you've amassed).