Thursday, August 2, 2007

1K, Apartment, Going Away Party, Poker

Finally. I hit 1,000 visits early yesterday. Only about 3 months after I had hoped that I would. Oh well. It has been neat seeing all of the different people that have visited my little crack in the Internet. I wish that more of them had commented, but I imagine that they will eventually.

Jeff and I didn't get the apartment that we wanted, but it sort of worked out better. The morning after we looked at it, somebody put a deposit down on it. However, we now have a different apartment on the first floor of a different building that is getting totally redone and has a better view. Things just work out sometimes.

I don't know if this is a useful place for announcements, but I'm having a going away party tomorrow (Friday) at Sadie's Saloon on 52nd and O. It will start at 8pm, and end whenever it ends. I'm not sure if we'll stay there all night or not, but come on down, it will be fun.

I couldn't possibly be more angry right now. I just got fucked by God himself. I played a heads-up match where I had my opponent in 3 times with the worst hand and he won every time. He first beat my AA with 94o when I put him in on the turn on a board of T874. River J. Next, I had him in with Q2 vs my 67 on a Q67 flop. River was the Q. Puke. Now we're even again, and we stay that way for quite awhile. I have ever so slight of a chip lead when I have AK. Flop comes A67. I check because I think he has an A and he checks behind. The river peels a 5, I check, he bets pot and I raise pot, leaving him about 1k behind when he calls. The pot is nearly 17k. The river is a 4, for a final board of A7654. He moves in and I have to call. He flips A3 and I wanted to my fist through my fucking monitor. I don't understand how odds can skew that far off. The first hand I was probably 35% to win. The 2nd hand, maybe 25%, the last hand, maybe 20%, and he went 3 for 3. I shouldn't be playing another match but I simply can't end on that note. I lost the first match that I played today because I played like garbage, but now I'm in a rematch with the dude. He's a Hellmuthian prick that thinks that everything that he does is genius and that everything that I do is garbage and lucky. This ends poorly for him this time around.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow. did you at least get a courtesy reach around?