Monday, August 13, 2007

Mosquitos, Job, Poker

I have possibly 20-25 mosquito bites on my feet and ankles. I didn't go camping or anything, it is simply how many times I got nailed in a limited time outside. One night, we watched a thunderstorm in our garage for about an hour. I got probably 10 bites. A few nights later, I went to Brandon's birthday in Hastings and was outside for a couple of hours, receiving roughly 10 more bites. Only on my feet and ankles. I have like 1 on my shin. None on my arms. I'd like to stick my feet under a floor sander right now, because they itch. Consumer alert: the Benadryl Itch Relief Stick blows. It does not relieve itch. It doesn't even phase itch. Itch meets Benadryl, kicks Benadryl in the nuts and makes out with Benadryl's girlfriend. Yet I keep dabbing it on, using the dabber as a surrogate itcher. Why do we even need mosquitos? I'm about to do some Wikipedia research because I'm fairly certain that mosquitos really have no benefit other than giving me annoyingly itchy bites and old ladies West Nile. Little buzzing bastards with their bastard proboscii. My bitterness may seem extreme, but you don't look like you have herpes on your ankles. Stupid nature.

I talked with my potential future boss today. I barely passed my personality test. I'm not quite sure what that means. I barely have a personality? Regardless, I have to take it again. If I do well, I could go up tomorrow for a second interview. I'd really like to get this job. It sucks for the first 3 months as you are on a tiny stipend, but after that it is $28,000 plus commissions for the first year. The average for the first year agents in that office is $55,000. I like that number. If I get offered the job, I do have to get my life insurance license right away, followed by my Series 6 license within 3 months. Here's hoping.

This has been an infuriating day of poker. I'm playing fantastic and getting fucked every time I get somebody to put their money in. I got over $1200, so I cashed out $100 to take to Full Tilt, but it will be almost a week before I can get it over there. In the meantime, I played a few $50 matches, my first $100 match, and some $.10/$.25 NLHE. I'm even on $50 matches (1-1 I think, possibly 3-1, it's been brutal) and 0-1 on my $100 matches. In my first $50 match, I had the guy down to 5k in chips. I had ATo, raised pot and he called. The flop was 678 with 2 spades. I bet pot again and he moved in for another 2.5k. I thought that he was on the straight draw so I called. He flipped A5o and I'm 72% to win. The turn peels a Js, making me almost 89%, but the river is a red 5 and we're back to even. Puke. 3 hands later I flop top pair with QTo on a T84 board, he moves me in and I call. He has J9. He hits the Q on the river, good game me. My next $50 match went the same way except I had the guy down to like 3k before I would double him, so after 3 tries he finally missed a 3 outer and I won. In my $100 match, I worked the guy over and quickly got him down to 6k. I was being super LAG, so I raised the button with 96o. He called and we took a T96 flop. He bet pot, I raised, he moved in and I obviously called. He showed T3o, making me a 73%. Turn K river T. Puke again. I work back up to 9k when the bust hand came up. I had A9hh and we take an Ad 5h 3h flop. He bets, I raise, he pushes in and I beat him in the pot. He shows 55 and I'm in bad for the first time all day, although I still can't blame myself because if he doesn't have a set I'm favored against even a bigger A. Well, a coin flip I guess, but I'm still going with it. The turn is a 3 and I'm dead to an A. I blank. The guy said what I hate the most, "Sorry." I hate it when people say that. They're not sorry. They're ecstatic that they donked their way into my money. If anything, they feel ashamed that they won, but there is no way you're getting that money back. He said that I flat out crushed him and that he won't give me a rematch. Real fucking sorry. Cash games went the same way. I profited this morning, but this afternoon is a fantastic -$40. The first $20 went on the following hand: I had AKdd in mid-position with a raise in front of me. The raiser is a super LAG retard, so I reraised. I got a caller behind and instantly thought QQ while everybody else folded. We took a 9d 7d 2s flop. Because of the player, I was almost positive that he had QQ. I'm 55% against QQ, so I wanted to get it in. I checked because I knew he had to bet and he did. I moved over top and he started bitching about how he got set up with QQ vs AA or KK. I actually thought he might fold, but he made the call and I blanked. Sweet. The second $20 went as follows: the same raise-tard that originally raised in the previous hand raised again. I had QQ in mid-position and reraised pot. It folded back to him and thought for a long while before moving in. I beat him in the pot. The flop brought an A and I thought I was screwed, but it was the J on the turn that boned me as he had JJ. I'm taking at least a 2 hour break because I want to steam right now and that would simply be too costly. Further, there's no point to push through right now because it's just not my day. If I don't hit it again tonight, I'll definitely get on it tomorrow. Just so sick.

2 comments:

bretlonder said...

My bankroll is at $980.55, which doesn't include a pending $105 cashout. Essentially, I'm even on the day, but I'm down from where I should be at. Ok, bitter attitude still here, going away from computers now.

Unknown said...

It would be nice to get that job. We all want a job that pays well. Plus, enjoy it while you are not bound by marriage and kids...right now the $ is all yours. Hold on to it, put it in a safe, put it in a shoebox in your closet if you wish.

Mosquitos are pretty cool if you look at them closely. They are much more mobile than us humans, who can't even get four feet off the ground, really. We don't have cool little things that can stick into something and suck.

They are like vampires, in a way, those little fuckers. Little fucking vampires. If one of them dares to probe its thing into my arm, I will burn it with a match.