Friday, August 24, 2007

Packing, Poker

I've spent most of today getting everything ready to move tomorrow. It's amazing how much I didn't unpack when I moved here. I'll have an actual substantial post on Sunday, until then it will be poker rantings.

Warning: If you don't like whiny, angry posts, just wait until tomorrow or Sunday.

Speaking of poker rantings: fuck this day. Fuck poker. I might play some more tonight, but I'm definitely taking tomorrow off. I've spent all day either getting set up or bad beat. By set up I mean losing my first $50 HU match because I had A2 on a K345 board and the other guy had 67. We both turn our gutshot, that's the cooler. In my next match, I had KJ on a flop of KK5 with one spade. I bet pot, got called. The turn was the 8s, I bet pot, I got called. The river came the 2s and I checked for some reason. The other dude put out a 1/3rd pot bet and I painfully called after the counter came on. Yep, AQss. That knocked me down to 4k in chips, which I got in with KK vs 22. 2 in the door, go skill! I won the third match because nothing horrific happened, but then again there was the fourth match. Three times I had the guy in for his tourney with three outers and he won all three. A7 vs A2, KQ vs K8, and AK vs A8. The AK vs A8 screwed me because it knocked me down to around 3k in chips, which I got in with TT vs his AA. I also dropped a match because I was crippled by the following hand: QJ vs 99. I raised preflop, he called. Flop KT5. I bet pot, he calls. Turn 9, I bet pot, he moves in, I call. River K. In my final match of the evening I had the guy down to 3k in chips with blinds of 150/300; 50. Things looked good until the poker gods decided to rape. In the last five minutes of the match, the guy got AA three times and flopped top pair five times. He also made two flushes and a straight. I want to feel good about taking so long to broke, but I actually just want to punch something. This anger stems from the fact that not one time today, not ONE time did I get my money in behind and win. I either got it in bad because of the aforementioned set ups or I got it in good and still lost. Somehow I'm only down $100. I say "somehow" because it feels like there were no victories to be had today. I played out of my mind and all I have to show for it is a bankroll that got reduced to $725.87. I miss that streak where things were going right. I'm not even asking for my hands to keep holding up and such, I just don't want to get fucked at every opportunity anymore. My butthole is sore.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Where are you moving to? I hope someplace fun.

bretlonder said...

Omaha.