Saturday, August 4, 2007

Going Away, Roommates, Poker

My going away party was fun. I got drunk. We had a bunch of shots and beers. Not all that many people stopped by but we did it right regardless. Afterward, we went over to Jenna's house for after hours. Jeff was a little disheartened because he really wanted to go downtown, but I think he still had a good time. At 3ish, Steve, Jeff, and I went to Perkins. It was pretty busy. There was a group of younger college guys in there, 5 guys and 1 girl. There were being obnoxious and loud, and Steve and Jeff spent the whole time glaring. I was conflicted because while they were annoying, I'm sure I've been loud and obnoxious in Perkins at 3am before. I ended up just cracking jokes and devouring my food when it arrived.


I was somewhat amazed that I didn't try and instigate something with the obnoxious group. I'm not a fighter, and I typically avoid confrontation, but the night started poorly. Brandon and I went to dinner before the party, and as we were pulling away from my house James yelled at me to move my truck. I had been home with him for well over an hour, and spent about 10 minutes talking to him in the driveway before we left. He chose to wait until we were literally driving away to mention this. I told him to just get my keys and move it himself. Naturally, he moved it a couple of blocks away. Also, before I left I threw some clothes in the dryer that I wanted to wear to my party. After I left, Matt took my wet clothes out of the dryer and threw them in with my clean clothes that were sitting in a basket in the laundry room. They didn't understand why I was pissed. The truck thing didn't bother me because I like a good practical joke, but it goes a little more than that. Out of all of the people that we know, I'm the one person that they screw with. Essentially, they treat me like their bitch. That doesn't fly. I love joking with my friends and playing jokes and such, but there has to be an underlying respect. With Matt and James, I don't really think there is anymore. Maybe they'll figure it out. Maybe it's time to move on. Who knows.

The last 2 days have been ridiculously good to my bankroll. I've been playing really well, and I've also been running really hot. After the really rough string of beats that I took, I peeled off 5 straight wins to get back up for the day. The next day, I played 2 more matches and won both of them. Today, I won my first 2 matches as well, making 9 straight wins, which is pretty insane. A couple were luck. Brandon witnessed my ATdd beat a guy's J7 of a JT4 flop. We got all the money in and the river peeled off the miracle T. The day before I hit a lucky river Q when I got in bad with Q9o vs A8o on an Ax 4s 5s Qx board. The guy was incredibly aggressive, and I honestly thought I was winning the whole time. He was a bit peeved. Today my bankroll went over $550 so I started playing $50 matches. As I predicted, I lost the first one. Ten in a row is asking for a bit much. However, I've peeled off 3 in a row after the loss, making me 12-1 in my last 13 matches. It's pretty sick what happens when things start going your way while you're playing well. My bankroll is at $653 which means that it is time to peel off $100 and see how I can do at the $.50/$1 heads-up NLHE tables at Tilt. I can't let it infect my brain, but it I'd really like to have a combined bankroll of $2000 by this time next week. If I keep running this hot I could be at 5k by next Saturday, but we'll let those thoughts crawl back in the corner of my mind and snuggle up to the Carmen Electra sex dream and the Lamborghini that can turn into a boat and a plane.

No comments: