Thursday, August 23, 2007

Update, Poker

I've spent the past couple of days wrapping up the Lincoln chapter of my life. I've mainly be cleaning up my room and thinking of all the stuff that I have to do, such as forward my mail and so on. I took yesterday off from the rush and spent the evening at BW3's as a hostage. My roommates and I always go to leg night on Wednesday's, but yesterday they decided that they wanted to stay there for 5 hours for some reason. Needless to say I was somewhat peeved, but all I would've done was watch TV and play Internet poker anyway, so it wasn't a great loss. Despite the fact that I only had 3 beers, I feel really out of it today. I got a full night of sleep, but I could crawl back under the covers right now and crank out another 8 hours without rolling over. Too bad I actually have shite to do today.

I haven't hardly played any poker the past couple of days. I did put in 2 heads-up matches today, both wins, which puts my account back to $828.67. I really am starting to feel like a sick-o. I was playing in a tiny little MTT today and just knew what was going on at all times. My heads-up play has upped my aggressiveness and my online reading ability. I busted out of the MTT by making what I think is a great call very easily. I had ATo in the BB and it was folded to the button. The button limped and the SB called. I threw in a pot raise, the BB folded and the SB started thinking. It instantly clicked that if he moved in he had garbage. There would be no reason to limp a big hand here because there is a minimal chance that I'm going to raise. A call would have been scarier than a raise, but he moved in and I insta-called. He showed K9cc. The flop was a disgusting QJ4 with 2 clubs, telling me that I wasn't going to win. The river was the Ac to leave me with 400 chips and in the BB. Like I said it was a tiny tourney so I didn't care about losing the hand, but I felt good about making the call so easily. If I keep developing like this, good things are going to happen soon. More room cleaning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice. Are you coming back to Lincoln for any of the Huskers Games except SC? Amanda and I will be in town for Nevada and thought we might be able to hang out or something. I don't know if Nathen the mooch already laid claim to that ticket or not. I know a great tailgating spot under the overpass a block away from the game. Good luck on the move.

bretlonder said...

I imagine that I'll be back for most Husker games. If I don't go to the game, I'll go down to the bars.