Saturday, July 21, 2007

900, Michael Vick, Poker

I hit 900 visitors at some point yesterday. This 100 went fairly quickly, and now there's only 100 to go before I hit 1,000.

I'm already tired of hearing about Michael Vick on the news. I think what he did was awful, but some of the reaction is simply ridiculous. The clip of Senator Robert Byrd repeatedly yelling "Barbaric!" makes me cry for a couple of reasons. First of all, the man shouldn't be allowed to be a Senator. The man is 90 years old and has been in the Senate since 1958. There is no chance that he can have any idea what a person like myself or most of the readers of this blog want from government. He grew up in the era when TV shows had married couples sleep in separate bedrooms. Actually, he grew up in an era when there were no televisions. Those didn't hit the scene until he was around 20 years old. The second reason that I'm pissed about the Vick situation is that no Senator should give a shit about dog fighting right now. Dog fighting should rank around #3,492 on the list of things they have to worry about behind fixing Iraq, impeaching Bush (and then Cheney, Nancy Pelosi, Byrd himself, Condoleezza Rice, Henry Paulson, the Attorney General, and Dirk Kempthorne, making Mike Johanns the President; I could live with that), fixing relations with Iran, actually capturing Osama bin Laden, implementing National Health Care, planning for Social Security for the Baby Boomers, removing tax breaks for Big Oil, ratifying the Kyoto Protocol, passing real campaign finance reform measures, imposing term limits, and about 1,000 other things that I could rattle off the top of my head. Our founding fathers were incredibly anti-professional politician, which is all that we have any more. I'm pretty sure the reason that they were against it is because of things like this. When you've done nothing to do for the past 50 years except speak on the Senate floor, things like this might seem like they are worthy of your time. The reality is that the police, media, and the public will deal with Vick, you worry about running the fucking country. I don't understand how I'm 25 and sort of a fuck-up, yet these things make total sense to me and nobody else.

I'm in the process of donking off around $20 playing $.02/$.05 NLHE. I did really well in some tiny SnGs and went 1-1 in heads-up matches, but there is one guy at these tiny tables that has my number. He's not good, but when he's running hot, he's ridiculous. He won't fold any gutshot, flush, straight, whatever draw, and tonight, he was hitting. What is devastating is that when he actually wakes up with a hand, you're boned. He took around $10 from me in one hand because he flopped a straight with 45 on a 367 flop and I had QQ. It looks like I'll finish down around $17, putting me at $177. Oh well, that gives me something to work on tomorrow. Bed time.

No comments: