Monday, July 30, 2007

Apartment, Jobs, Links, Poker

I am homed. Homeful? Whatever the opposite of homeless is. Jeff and I were fated into an apartment. We both had a favorite in our head before we went up. Mine used Photoshop on their ad and Jeff's was full to the brim. I had an Apartment Guide with us and had already dog-eared some back-up plans. We started knocking them out. Everything either sucked immensely or wasn't available in the middle of August. Then we rolled into The Enclave. The tall, attractive lady that showed us the apartment (she was like 6'2" and wearing heels, bad idea) was very nice and the place looked awesome. Big bedrooms, big closets, washer and dryer, new appliances, modern looking, first floor. Oh, yeah, and 1 month free rent as well as a $300 gift card that we can use toward the deposit or rent or whatever. The fatness. We looked at other places out of some unfamiliar sense of adult responsibility, but we both knew we were getting that place. Of course we have to apply and get accepted and all that stuff, but Jeff has a job and I'm a worthless mooch that has overly kind parents so we should be good. Don't trip on my self-esteem.

Obviously now I need a job. I haven't heard back from Bank of the West, which I'm taking as a bad sign. Jeff heard back the next day when he got offered his job. I'm not sunk yet, I have several more banks that can shoot me down in Omaha. I still have Union Bank, TierOne, US Bank, First National, and Great Western Bank to get shot down by. Don't trip on my self-esteem.

Sorry for all of the links. I'm pretty bored right now.

I peeled off 2 wins last night in heads-up matches. I honestly don't remember much about them as they occurred around 2am and I was pretty tired. I don't remember them being very difficult, but I couldn't even tell you who I played. I just lost a match while I've been typing this. It drug on for over an hour. I've played this guy at cash tables before and I remember him being quite bad. I don't know if he's gotten better (it's been awhile) or he just plays differently in heads-up, but he beat me. He got lucky and caught a TTA flop with T9ss vs my AQo. He had reraised me preflop during a period of aggression and he led the flop. I reraised and he moved in pretty quickly for another 3k into a 12k pot. There's a better than 4:1 chance that he's bluffing or I have him beat here so I had to call. I hovered at 5k in chips until I finally found QQ and doubled through his A6o. He kept shifting gears quite nicely throughout and drove me back down to around 8k with blinds of 150/300; 50. He shifted to aggression again I decided to make a play. He had raised about 3 hands in a row, so I limped a button with 96o and decided to reraise no matter what. He of course raised and I instantly popped in my reraise, leaving me 5k behind. He pushed over top and I had to think. With him being aggressive, I don't want to play these blinds with only 5k because I'm going to have to shove a lot of hands and I don't like letting luck reign. If he doesn't have 66-AA or a hand like A9, I have the right odds here. I call all-in and he shows KK. Good game. I just dropped another as I was typing THIS portion to the same dude. I flopped and A and he flopped a set of 7's to cripple me. I got all in with AcJs vs his 9s9d. Flop KQ6 all spades and I miss my 16 outs. Go me. I also noted that in the nearly 2 hours that we've played each other in heads-up, I have yet to flop big on one of his big hands. It's no excuse, but a little karmic reciprocity would be sweet. He thinks he's got one on the line because he's playing me again, so hopefully tomorrow I'll post about reeling off 5 in a row on him. Probably not because his 35hh just face crushed my AK. Don't trip on my self-esteem.

1 comment:

C.D. said...

How could anyone trip on your self-esteem? It's buried in the ground.