Friday, July 13, 2007

Sister, Foose, Picture, Poker

My sister called me at around noon. She and a friend are at Worlds of Fun, and they had gone on 3 rides. They are both nauseous and wanted to know what they should do. I told them to drink a bunch of water and go on more rides. I'm going to hell. I don't feel that bad, though, because my sister is nearly a decade older than I am and should know better. I do hope they don't puke and have a great time. I wish I was at Worlds of Fun.

I just watched an episode of Rides that featured the famed car builder Chip Foose creating a car from scratch for a prestigious auto show. The man is simply ridiculous. The amount of detail that was put into the car was beyond anything that I would ever imagine. Every nut and bolt on the car had special attention paid to it. It sort of bothers me to even refer to it as a car, because it is in a category of its own. Foose won the top award at the auto show, and there really isn't a nicer guy alive. He appreciates everything that he has achieved and always defers his praise to those who work with him. He is one mini-celebrity that I hope to meet some day. I really hope I can afford to have him build a car for me, but by the time I can afford it he'll either be dead or it will cost $5,000 an hour.

I left up my picture of the week in case nobody noticed. It is hilarious. It is a graphic depiction of the joke "Why is 6 afraid of 7?" Simple things make me smile, although I would argue that there is a lot of intelligence in it.

I crushed heads-up matches yesterday. I played all of the luckboxes that were crushing me over the past few days and strapped on my patient boots. They still got disgustingly lucky every time that they put their money in, but I made sure that I didn't put mine in without a big hand. In one match, my nemesis airfreshner beat me with A7 vs my AJ, K4 vs my KJ, and A3 vs my JJ all AIPF. I'm probably confusing some of the hands because it was the same story in all 3 matches; beat him down, get him in bad, he wins, repeat. I beat him 3 in a row and he wouldn't play me anymore, but hopefully he'll be back over the weekend. Today, I'm 1-1. One guy made me his bitch by just hammering at every pot. I know I folded a lot of winners and called with losers. That is covered in chapter 4 of my upcoming book on how to lose at poker. My next match lasted nearly an hour as I was playing a guy that has a really screwed down, squeaky game. The funny part is that at the end he called me a card rack. What he failed to realize was that if he checked, I bet no matter what I had. 90% of those times he folded. If he called, I knew he was trapping and just check-folded. I like people thinking that I'm terrible and have no clue what I'm doing because it makes it easier for me. I think my bankroll is sitting at around $154. I wanted to play until I was at $180 last night but Bugsy's was incredibly laggy and I decided that heads-up matches would be a terrible idea. Hopefully I can hit that today.

1 comment:

C.D. said...

Such a faithful blogger, you are.