Thursday, July 19, 2007

Kearney, Street Sign, Hastings, Poker

So I went back to Kearney. I'm sort of bummed as I didn't get to do any of my favorite Kearney things. Actually, I don't really have specific activities that I like to do, I have 3 foods I have to eat when I'm in Kearney or I'm angry. I have to eat Sax's Pizza, Nick's Gyros, and a Snickerdoodle's rolled sugar cookie. Those are delicious foods that I can't get in Lincoln. I did get to go visit the neat new park that they are still working on. It is called the EK and Mary Yanney Heritage Park, and it is fantastic so far. They have very well cared for grounds with a man-made lake, amphitheater, 5-story observation tower, and a water playground for kids. I forget all of the other things they are supposed to add on to it, and for all I know they may have scrapped some of the ideas, but it is very impressive right now. I enjoyed walking around it and spending some time up on the observation tower.

While I was in Kearney, I saw a hilariously vandalized street sign. Somebody slapped a round, red sticker on the nose of a deer crossing sign. Rudolph. Genius. I about ran off the road because I was crippled with laughter for about 15 seconds.

On my way back to Lincoln, I stopped off in Hastings to visit Brandon and Amanda. I got to see their house and we went to eat at a neat place called Sghetti's. It was actually a fantastic Italian restaurant. The food was really good and the service was excellent. Way above what I expected from Hastings, NE.

While I was in Hastings, we played poker at Brandon's office. There were only 5 of us, and we only played $.05/$.10 NLHE, but it was fun. I won something like $3.75. Retirement here I come. Other than that, I haven't played any online poker at all because my parents still have dial-up, and I couldn't do that to myself. I will probably get in some heads-up matches either tonight or tomorrow. I need to get to $220 so I can start making some actual money.

No comments: